“I can’t gain weight because I am a Hardgainer”
“I can’t build muscle because I am a Hardgainer”
“You’re not a Hardgainer so [insert program here] will work for you!”
Ok, so what is a Hardgainer? Well, the general definition that I know of is someone who struggles to gain weight and//or muscle through genetics. That to me is a true hardgainer.

So are you a Hardgainer?
Before you start nodding your head and saying that yes, you are in fact a Hardgainer let me answer it for you.
Chance is that no, you are not a Hardgainer.
In my opinion most people that claim they are a Hardgainer are in fact wrong – they are simply ill-informed about Nutrition and training.
I find people tend to use ‘Hardgainer’ as an excuse, a reason why something didn’t work the way they wanted. It’s not their diet or training (or lack of) it is simply all down to the fact they are a Hardgainer.
There are tones of exercise programs out there that work amazingly well and I would recommend in a heart beat. For example Craig Ballantyne’s Turbulence Training, Vince Delmonte’s No Nonsense Muscle Building or even Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle program.
(All programs I would suggest having a look at)
Following a set program makes everything so much easier, everything is already set out for you. Reps, Sets, Exercise, Tempo, progressions. All you have to do is put the effort in.
That bit is simple. Now for the harder bit….
The problem most ‘Hardgainers’ have is quite simple but harder to change, they do not eat enough.
It’s true!
A lot of people who fancied themselves to be a Hardgainer later changed their mind when they started to eat correctly (more) and continued to work hard in the gym – why? – Because they put on weight and gained muscle.
Before you all head to the biscuit tin to ‘eat more’ remember that eating more does not mean ‘eating junk’. What can you eat?
How about:
Ø More lean meat
Ø More Fruit
Ø More vegetables
Ø Nuts and seeds
There is more, but you get the idea.
Healthy un-processed food is the best option.
Stuck for ideas? Check out Dax Moy’s Elimination Cook Book – this has over 100 recipes all with proper healthy food - A must for anyone looking to improve their Health and Fitness!
So guys, are you a Hardgainer?
Comment and let me know!
Sean
So guys, are you a Hardgainer?
Comment and let me know!
Sean
PS. Don't forget about Dax Moy, the author of The MAGIC Hundred will be on here soon! Stick around!

No comments:
Post a Comment